Saturday, November 1, 2008

Trick- Or- Treat



It's over.  We succeeded in all our Halloween activities.  We started at 4:30.  First we went to my dad's (my old house) and let the kids run around outside and they collected some major chocolate candy.  As soon as the candy went in their bag they wanted to start eating.  Then we went to the church.  When we were driving up to the church, Noah asked if he could go on his own and not stay with us.  We said he could.  We went straight to our work station.  It was called The Toddler Zone.  It was a very cute bouncy thing for children 4 and under.  The twins stayed in it forever, which was a good thing since we couldn't take them around to the other stations.  I only saw Noah twice in an hour and a half.  Once he came by to watch his brothers jumping and then once he came by for $20.  He purchased his own dinner and I have no idea who he ate with.  Scott ended up taking the twins to some of the games and then he located Noah.  Noah did not want to leave the church but we were all freezing.  We went home and I put on more clothes and then Noah and I headed to Marsha's.  We trick-or-treated for an hour with them.  It was 9:00 by this time.  Noah said to me on the way home: "When I get home I'm taking a hot shower, putting on my p.j.'s, laying on the couch and popping in a dvd.  I'll lay there till I fall asleep."  I thought that sounded like a good idea.  We had a lot of fun and we were all exhausted.  Then this morning I woke up to Noah shutting our bedroom door.  He does that on Saturday mornings because he gets up early and doesn't want to wake anyone else up.  I fell back asleep and heard all the kids.  I opened the door and couldn't believe what I saw.  The twins had woken up and Noah had fixed their cups of milk, pop tarts and cereal.  He had them seated at the table and was feeding them breakfast.  How beautiful!  I'm so thankful for him helping me.  I'm enjoying him getting older and being more responsible.  His brothers are very lucky to have him!  I hope everyone had as much fun as we did!

4 comments:

Bre said...

Michelle, that melted my heart, how sweet and responsible! He is such a good kid. Glad you all had fun, I saw you for a sec then ran off after Carter :)

Unknown said...

How can you have 3 and get to sleep in? I have 2 and I am up by 7. what are you bribing with?

Kristi said...

The cutest Handy Mannies. Tell Noah when he is done feeding the twins in the mornings, he can come over here and deal with my two. What a great big brother. He could teach Bailey a thing or two!

Karen said...

How sweet! Those are the special times that they will remember also. He is such a good kid! I would also like to know what you bribe them with. Had fun last night!