Sunday, November 9, 2008

Party People

Scott sent me an e-mail (yes, that's how busy we are ...he notifies me through an e-mail) on Tuesday saying he wanted to have a few people over on Saturday for the Alabama/LSU game.  I think we ended up with 34 (16 adults and 18 children).  The guys in this picture have been Scott's friends since elementary school.  They may have changed over the years but when you put them all in one room you notice they really haven't changed that much.  Three of them went on to play baseball on scholarship in college and the other went to college on a football scholarship. I love that Scott still has most of his friends from high school and college.  

 Those who know me well know that I love having people over to my house.  I love having a house full of friends and family with children and chaos everywhere.  We certainly had that all on Saturday.  I had to ask Scott on Sunday what happened during the game because I think I only saw one play.  Thanks to everyone who helped with the food.  Some of the highlights for me were as follows:
1.  Kristi and I going to the store in Karen's car and not knowing how to turn off her rear windshield wipers.  So they stayed on the whole time.
2.  Playing music and watching the little kids dance.  
3.  Joey asking "Who made the meatballs?"  I told him it was Jen and he said he didn't know she could cook anything.  I told him to try one and he said "No thanks."
4.  Tre having church with Jen and I at the end of the night.  He missed his calling; he would have been a great preacher.
5.  Pretty much everything Blaine said.  He cracks me up!
6.  Scott dancing.  Did anyone else see this?
7.  Looking over at Wynn and noticing he was naked from the waist down.  He was standing right in front of Joseph and Bryan yet they never noticed until I said something.  When football is on, guys really don't pay attention to anything else.

The whole night was so much fun.  The children had a ball! I can't wait to do it again.  Please tell me some of your highlights from the night.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You and Bre having to set up a pack and play. You not knowing lots of terms. . .MG telling me and Joey this morning that she wants to be a dancer like you and Jen.

Michelle said...

Bre and I even read the directions and couldn't figure out the pack n play.

Karen said...

Watching Wynn, I think, eat everything in sight all night long, kids dancing, "smoke" breaks, kids EVERYWHERE, good music, and of course AL winning! Roll Tide!!!

Karen said...

Almost forgot, thanks Michelle!!!

Kristi said...

Me and Scott throwing trash away the whole time. Goldfish crumbled up everywhere you looked. Wynn had food in his mouth THE WHOLE TIME. Bre about to lose it over all the chaos. I think the next get together should be at her house. Bailey saying Jen and Marsha was acting like teenagers. Harrison saying he was at Georgie's house all day yesterday. I think that's all.

Bre said...

First and foremost, THANK YOU Michelle and Scott for inviting us, we had a blast, I think Carter had the time of his life. Bentley, on the other hand, wasn't so sure about it :) My favorites:
1. Scott calling Michelle "Waffle House" for going to retrieve the requested "item" of the night
2. Marsha misspelling a certain word EVERYTIME (using 2 t's instead of one)
3. Carter pole dancing
4. Wynn NEVER leaving the food table and destroying a bag of marshmallows, then putting pudding in them
5. Trying to get close-ups of Joey and QB, with little success. They were onto us. I have a few that I will post later when I have more time.
6. Marsha trying to feed all the kids at once by herself and screaming, "Am I the only parent in this house"
7. Carter saying to Shep, "Shep, are you Shep or Wynn?" (DUH)
8. That is was total and utter chaos and Scott nor Michelle thought one thing about it...PRICELESS
9. My last favorite is reading everyones favorites, especially Joey saying no thank to Jen's meatballs...CLASSIC

Daddy Roach said...

"Catch a ho, and another ho, merry christmas........."

Cant tell you the last time I heard a rap song at a party and I knew the words.

Pretty sure it was high school......