Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sleeping Update

I thought I would update you on the twins going to bed last night.  I couldn't sleep and about 2:00 a.m. I thought I heard them.  I waited a few minutes and decided I better go check on them.  As I'm walking up the stairs I can hear them and notice lots of lights on.  They were in the playroom with the door shut.  I tried to open the door but they had locked it!  I demanded they open the door and I heard someone unlock it.  I opened it and there they sat, playing with toys.  I took them back to bed and told them I didn't care what they did but they had to stay in their bed.  Then Noah starts calling me.  He said the twins were keeping him awake.  He was watching t.v.  IT WAS 2:00 AM!  Anyway, I went back downstairs and all was quiet.  I fell asleep.  Scott and I were talking about it tonight at dinner and he said "What about when Shep came downstairs?"  I said I had no idea what he was talking about.  He said about an hour after I put them to bed that Shep came downstairs and asked for some milk.  Scott got up and fixed him some and took him back to bed and said he cried and cried because he didn't want to go to sleep.  I never even knew any of that.  Another eventful night at the Brakefield house.  Did I mention that the night before our smoke alarm went off at 3:00 a.m.?

3 comments:

Bre said...

LOL...I am cracking up. I love your house of chaos. Wow, BOTH of them up at 2 a.m. playing and Noah watching tv. I can't wait for the many, many stories that will follow with those two!!!

Unknown said...

That is a TWIN only story. One would have never.

Karen said...

Wow! It is always a party at your house. Why was the smoke alarm going off at 3:00 a.m.? My first thought was that one of the twins was hungry & was trying to cook breakfast & burned something.