Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Inauguration

He's official.  Scott was sworn in Monday night.  As he placed his hand on the bible and swore to uphold his duties, the boys and I stood behind him and we were very proud of him.  Well actually I was very proud.  Wynn had his finger in his nose, Shep was looking at Papa Jack and Noah was eyeing the food on the tables set up for the reception.  After everyone was sworn in they took their seats at the front of the room and began their first official meeting with the new council.  That's when it all started to go down hill.  My mother, Scott's mom and step-dad, and Scott's dad and step-mom were all seated at the back of the room.  I was at the front on one of the pews they had roped off for family members.  Shep and Noah decided to sit in the back with the grandmothers who brought them cereal and m&m's to keep them occupied.  Wynn, however, decided to run up and down the isle between me and them.  He had a nap yesterday and he had leftover Halloween candy and now he was eating again.  He was on a sugar high and wow could you tell.  Once when I tried to get him to sit with me he yelled "You're hurting me!"  I was sitting with the mayor's wife, and the fire chief and police chief were behind me.  I came very close to pinching him but was afraid of either being written up by the reporters there or being called out by some "official person".  I decided to get up and take the twins outside.  I was able to Scott make his first "Second" announcement but missed the part when they opened up the floor and let the new people speak.  I was told he thanked his family but unfortunately I was outside with his family because they couldn't behave inside.  When it was over, they had a reception.  Of course Wynn went straight for the m&m cookies.  He only ate the m&m's out of them and then would lay his cookie down wherever he saw fit.  I spent the next 30 minutes cleaning up after the boys.  They jumped off the stage, sat in all the council's seats, tried to talk on the microphones, stole food off the tables and candy out of "decorative vases" and literally drove me crazy.  But you know I held it together.  I apologized to all the council and mayor and most of the people in attendance and promised not to ever bring my children back to another meeting.  But the important thing was that Scott did great.  He looked very handsome and I thought he did a great job.  I'm so happy my boys have him as a role model.  They couldn't have gotten a better father nor could I have gotten a better husband!

5 comments:

Bre said...

Another great picture to keep me laughing. Congrats to Scott and WOW, its only begun: life with twin boys :)

Kristi said...

I'm sure the boys entertained everyone there. Probably the most exciting thing that happened.
AWWWE- I never hear you get mushy.

Karen said...

Great picture! He looks so into his job already. I am sure everyone there got a kick out of the boys. Can't help but love them!

Joe said...

Wow Scott looks so excited in that picture!! We might have the next presidential canidate for 2012.........Ok, maybe governor.

Unknown said...

Is Scott giving the law look to the boys? I am so sorry I missed. Stop talking about Wynn. You know "you tell him to do that!" And I am with Kristi. . . you are never that nice. Are you trying to get a new jogging suit for our night?