Saturday, December 27, 2008

Twin's Birthday





The twinkies turned three on Monday, the 22nd!  We had a safari themed birthday party at our house.  It was a lot of fun!  First I had a craft for all the children to do with their parents.  They could choose from a lion, tiger, bear or monkey and make a hand puppet.  It is a Martha Stewart craft from Wal-Mart.  Scott took a picture of us from the balcony overlooking the activity.  Then the children played Pin the Nose on the Lion.  I also had a carnival game of throwing beanbags through the jungle animals for points.  And I had a safari themed growth chart to mark how tall all the children are but we never made it to that.  We did birthday cake and opened presents and the children escaped outside.  The twins didn't open half of their presents.  Scott and I had to finish for them.  Thank you to everyone who came to the party.  It's hard when your children have a birthday party so close to Christmas.  I was afraid everyone would have Christmas obligations and not be able to attend but I think we ended up with about 30 people. 
 Happy Birthday, my little babies!  I love you with all my heart!  I can't believe three years have passed us by.  Their birth was such a blur to me due to my own health at the time.  I was in the hospital 6 days (3 in ICU), Shep was in the NICU 18 days and Wynn was in the NICU for 28 days.  Leaving those babies in that hospital while I got to come home was absolutely awful.  A mother's heart can't take being separated from her children.  Not this mother, at least.  I was so happy to be able to bring them home.  When Shep came home I felt so torn.  I was happy to have him with me but sad that Wynn was there without a mother and his brother.  Shep was so sweet and such a good sleeper from the start. When Wynn came home I put him in the bed with me the first night and slept nose to nose with  him so he could feel my breath and hope that he would feel bonded with me.  I will never forget that night and smelling his breath as he slept.  Scott and I tried for 4 years to get pregnant.  It was a hard journey and I lost two babies in the process.  But those little boys are more than worth the wait.  I know many people who know why they were put on this Earth and what they feel like their contribution to the world is.  Mine is to be a mother.  I treasure it everyday.  I don't enjoy it everyday but I am so thankful God made me a mother.  I love you twinkies!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This made me cry and I did not know you could be so nice.

Bre said...

That was so sweet. The ONLY thing I have ever truly desired was to be a mommy. I LOVE it!! Same here, I dont always enjoy it, but I treasure every moment.

Karen said...

Sweet! I agree. I love being a mommy, even if it is the hardest job I have ever had.