Sunday, October 26, 2008

Starting Over

It has been a long time since I was a blogger.  But for some reason I feel the need to jump backinto this world.  This blog will be devoted to my family and friends who I love so much.  I absolutely do not have time for this. But I feel like I should make a little time to capture the moments my boys capture me...in their every moment (awake or asleep).

Friday night I had the great idea to cook chili and make Halloween crafts.  Jen and the girls came over.  All five kids made Halloween foam craft pictures.  There were Halloween stickers everywhere!  Then we baked pumpkin cookies.  After baking cookies, all five kids painted.  Then we cleaned up and ate dinner.  I was exhausted by 6:30.  Finally, Jen, Scott and I were able to sit down and relax.  Marsha and Karen came over about 8:30 and entertained us.  Karen couldn't get over the fact that the kids were still crafting at 9:30 and noone was ready for bed but the adults.

On Saturday we went to the Halloween Extravaganza at Tannehill State Park.  Scott's mom and step-dad took their camper for the weekend and invited us to partake in all the festivities.  We arrived about 2:30 and we were off to the inflatables and pony rides.  The twins have had a sinus infection and Shep still didn't feel super.  He would not leave my arms.  Wynn and Noah, however, had a ball.

About 4:30 we started getting them dressed in their costumes.  The trick-or-treating didn't begin until 5:00 sharp.  Everyone at Tannehill had to choose from 3 different lines to get in. Then they said start and we walked from camper to camper getting candy.  There were thousands of people there.  It took us about 45 minutes to get into the park that day and when we started trick-or-treating there was still a line of cars coming into the park.  WOW!  Who would have thought!  There were many campers with tv's outside surrounded by men watching football.  The twins didn't care as much for the candy as they did for looking at all the people in costumes and seeing all the Halloween decorations.  We left about 6:30 and the twins were asleep by 6:32.  Noah stayed with his grandparents and got to cook marshmallows and hot dogs over a camp fire.  He was in heaven and didn't come home until 5:30 Sunday night.

Just another weekend in the life of the Brakefield Bunch!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't ever say anything about me and picking stuff up on the side of the road. You have taken your boys to THE RACES and Tannehill all in one month's time. But I am so stinkin glad you are back to bloggin.

Kristi said...

I am so bummed I missed out on Friday night. Assuming I would have been invited. Bailey would have loved crafting and Harrison would have liked playing with all the Brakefield toys. Marsha and Karen had a girls night out and ended up at your house? There is always activity at your house!

Bre said...

How excited am I about your blog!!

Karen said...

Yeah! You're back! Can't wait to read all of your stories!

Kristi, yes you were invited but you already had plans to see HSM3. We missed you!